2023 MOFCOM Scholarship for Developing Countries in China
The Government of China’s Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) has established the MOFCOM Scholarship for Developing Countries to promote cooperation and communication between China and other nations while also fostering talent in developing countries. The scholarship is available to individuals who are interested in pursuing a degree program at a Chinese institution.
- Host Country: China
- Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipend | Accommodation | Airfare Ticket
- Deadline: May 31, 2023
The Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program was established by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to assist Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions in recruiting outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. USTC has been authorized by MOE to recruit full-time master’s and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship since 2008.
Scholarship Requirements: To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China and under the age of 45 (born after September 1, 1974)
- Be in good health
- Have at least three years of work experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree when applying for a master’s program
- Hold a master’s degree when applying for a doctoral program
- Possess sufficient proficiency in English or Chinese that meets the academic requirements of the program.
Scholarship Duration and Reward:
- Students are exempt from tuition fees, teaching material fees, research and survey fees, and allowances for English-taught programs, as well as dissertation guidance fees.
- Free on-campus accommodation is provided.
- Monthly stipend:
- 36000RMB per year per master’s student
- 42000RMB per year per Ph.D. student
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person
- Free medical insurance for international students
- One-time round-trip international airfare for all students (First time flying to China after enrollment and flying back to their home country upon graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is the length of the schooling year which is set while the student is enrolled by the program, “n” is less than or equal to three) round-trip international airfares for home visits (once per year set at the end of an academic year).
- Annual review is mandatory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to receive full scholarships in the next year.
- Other expenses will be managed and utilized by MOFCOM or the universities as a whole and will not be distributed to students. MOFCOM only provides students with financial assistance for their enrolled academic duration. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive continuing sponsorship.
Method of Application:
Applicants should apply to the Chinese university of their choice.
China, MOFCOM Scholarship, Developing Countries, Graduate Studies, Full Scholarship, Monthly Stipend, Accommodation, Airfare Ticket.