Are you passionate about a career in nursing? Oduduwa College of Nursing could be your gateway to realizing this dream. In this blog post, we’ll explore the admission requirements, courses offered, school fees, and the unique opportunities that await aspiring nurses at this prestigious institution.
Admission Requirements at Oduduwa College of Nursing
To embark on your nursing journey at Oduduwa College, you need to meet the following basic admission requirements:
- Age and Educational Qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of admission.
- Hold a minimum of 5 credits in WASSCE/SSCE/NECO, including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Submit copies of certificates or statement of results.
- Provide a birth certificate or sworn declaration of age.
- Complete an aptitude test and oral interview.
- Meet the minimum UTME cut-off mark for the current admission year.
- Financial Commitment:
- Pay the required non-refundable application and screening fees.
Meeting these requirements is essential, but due to limited spaces, admission is competitive. Applying early is advised to enhance your chances.
For more detailed information on admission, visit the official website or contact the Admissions Office.
Courses Offered at Oduduwa College of Nursing
Oduduwa College of Nursing offers a range of programs to shape aspiring nurses into competent professionals. The flagship program is the Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.N.Sc.), a four-year course covering essential areas such as Anatomy and Physiology, Medical-Surgical Nursing, and Community Health Nursing.
Additionally, the college provides Post Basic Nursing Programs for registered nurses seeking specialization in fields like midwifery, ophthalmic nursing, or psychiatric nursing.
Graduates are well-equipped for roles as registered nurses, nurse educators, or midwives, addressing the critical shortage of healthcare professionals in the region.
School Fees at Oduduwa College of Nursing
Investing in your nursing education at Oduduwa College requires a financial commitment. Here’s a breakdown of the fees:
- Tuition Fee: Approximately ₦150,000 per semester for the Registered Nursing program.
- Additional Fees:
- Application fee: ₦5,000
- ID card fee: ₦2,000
- Acceptance fee: ₦30,000
- Medical checkup fee: ₦5,000
- Library fee: ₦5,000 per semester
- Accommodation fee (for boarding students): ₦50,000 per semester
Payment can be made in full at the beginning of each semester or in two equal installments. Late payments incur extra charges, and various payment options, including direct bank payments and mobile money transfers, are available.
Financial Assistance and Scholarships
Oduduwa College of Nursing is committed to making nursing education accessible. The institution offers scholarships, bursaries, and encourages students to explore study loans and grants through sources like the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund).
For more information on available financial assistance, contact the school’s student finance department.
Oduduwa College of Nursing stands as a beacon for those aspiring to join the noble profession of nursing. With accredited courses, experienced faculty, and a commitment to producing top-notch healthcare professionals, the college provides a solid foundation for a fulfilling career in nursing.