Nestled on a sprawling 150-hectare campus, Madonna University stands as a beacon of quality education in Nigeria. Boasting excellent learning facilities and resources, the institution is committed to shaping intellectually and morally sound graduates ready to contribute to societal growth and development. In this blog post, we’ll explore the diverse undergraduate and postgraduate offerings, admission requirements, and the financial aspects of pursuing education at Madonna University, Elele.
Campus and Facilities:
Madonna University provides students with a conducive learning environment set against the backdrop of modern facilities. Standard lecture halls, well-equipped laboratories, extensive libraries, comfortable accommodation options, state-of-the-art sporting facilities, and accessible medical services create an atmosphere where academic pursuits thrive.
To embark on your academic journey at Madonna University, aspiring students must meet specific admission criteria. These include:
- Minimum Cut-Off Mark: Madonna University adheres to the cut-off marks set by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). For the 2023/2024 academic session, the cut-off mark for Medicine and Surgery stands at 140 and above.
- Course-Specific Cut-Off Marks: The cut-off marks vary according to the chosen course of study.
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME): Candidates must perform well in the UTME and achieve the university’s set cut-off mark.
- O’Level Requirements: A minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects, especially for science-based courses. A pass in Mathematics and English at the O’Level is also required.
- Post-UTME Screening: Aspiring students must undergo and successfully pass the Post-UTME screening at Madonna University.
- JAMB Application: Candidates should select Madonna University, Elele, as their first choice during the JAMB application process.
Madonna University offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across various disciplines. Some of the undergraduate programs include Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Mass Communication, Political Science, and Sociology. Postgraduate studies feature programs such as Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Masters in Public Administration, Masters in International Relations and Strategic Studies, and Masters in Mass Communication.
Prospective students must adhere to specific admission requirements:
- Minimum of 5 credits in relevant Science subjects at the O’Level, especially for Science-based courses.
- Pass in Mathematics and English at the O’Level.
- Meet the minimum cut-off mark for the current admission year.
- Apply through JAMB, selecting Madonna University, Elele, as the first choice.
- Successfully sit for and pass the Post-UTME screening at the University.
Tuition and Fees:
As a private university, Madonna University operates on a fee structure that includes:
- Acceptance Fee: N30,000 paid upon admission.
- Tuition Fees: Ranging from N150,000 to N300,000 per semester, depending on the course of study.
- Accommodation Fees: Approximately N50,000 per semester for bed space or N100,000 per semester for a room.
- Other Charges: Additional charges for ICT, medical, library, and departmental fees apply and are paid per semester.
It’s essential to note that fees are subject to change, pending approval by the University management.
In conclusion, Madonna University, Elele, emerges as a premier institution offering a diverse array of courses in a conducive learning environment. With competitive admission criteria and affordable tuition fees relative to other private universities, Madonna University provides a pathway for students to attain academic excellence. By meeting the admission requirements and navigating the financial aspects diligently, aspiring students can unlock the doors to a fulfilling educational journey at Madonna University, Elele.