Embarking on a career in nursing is a rewarding journey, and the Kwara State College of Nursing Science in Oke-Ode offers a distinguished three-year Fundamental Nursing Program for aspiring individuals. This comprehensive guide provides detailed information on admission requirements, application procedures, courses offered, and school fees.
The college’s General Nurse Training is open to individuals aged 17.5 years or older at the time of admission. Prospective students must hold SSCE (O’level) or its equivalent with at least five credit passes, including English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Results from WAEC, GCE, NECO, or NABTEB should not exceed 10 years from the date of issuance. Combinations of different examination bodies are accepted, and UTME registration or results are not required.
To apply, visit the college portal at portal.kwaraconoo.edu.ng and follow these steps:
- Click on “INSTRUCTION” to understand the application process.
- Access the Applicant Form, ensuring you have an active email address and phone number.
- Fill in the required fields and click on “Verify and Make Payment.”
- Pay the application fee of N12,300 using your ATM card details.
- After successful payment, your Application Number will be generated.
- Return to the homepage, click on “Applicant Login,” and fill in the necessary fields to access your account.
- Complete the application form, including personal details, program choice, O’level results, and upload a passport photograph.
- Click on “Print Out” to obtain a copy of your documents.
The Kwara State College of Nursing Science provides a robust curriculum, including courses such as:
- Nursing Foundations
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Obstetric and Gynecological Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Nursing Ethics and Professionalism
- Nursing Leadership and Management
- Health Assessment
Newly admitted students need to be aware of the school fees structure, including acceptance fees. Late payment may incur additional charges, and failure to pay on time could result in examination ineligibility or admission forfeiture.
Year One Second Semester School Fees:
- Indigene: N76,500 (Including Interswitch fee of N300)
- Non-Indigene: N91,500 (Including Interswitch fee of N300)
- Repeater (Indigene): N111,300 (Including Interswitch fee of N300)
- Repeater (Non-Indigene): N181,300 (Including Interswitch fee of N300)
Embarking on the journey to become a Registered Nurse at Kwara State College of Nursing Science is a commendable choice. This guide provides a step-by-step overview of the admission process, program details, and financial considerations. For those passionate about nursing, this institution offers a solid foundation for a fulfilling career in healthcare.