Excelsior Scholarship 2023-2024 | Fully Funded
Applications for the Excelsior Scholarship 2023-2024 are currently being accepted online from all qualifying students. In cooperation with other student financial aid programs. The Excelsior Scholarship allows students to attend a SUNY or CUNY university tuition-free. A winner of an Excelsior Scholarship may receive award payments for up to two years of full-time undergraduate education in a program leading to an associate’s degree. In a bachelor’s degree program, four years of full-time undergraduate study is required, or five years if the program of study ordinarily requires five years.
Furthermore, a student who is not on schedule to obtain an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in two years or four years. To be eligible for an Excelsior Scholarship, you must finish the equivalent of 30 credits every academic year. If you successfully get extra credits throughout a term or academic year and can re-establish your ability to complete your degree on schedule. Furthermore, you will be eligible for an Excelsior Scholarship for the duration of your undergraduate degree program. You may also check: University of Montreal Scholarship Program for International Students 2023
A potential candidate must:
- Be a New York State resident who has lived in the state for the previous 12 months before to the commencement of the term, and be a resident of the state for the previous 12 months before the start of the term.
- You must be a US citizen or a qualifying non-citizen.
- Have either completed high school in the United States, acquired a high school equivalency diploma, or passed a nationally recognized & “Ability to Benefit” exam as determined by the State Education Department’s Commissioner.
- Have less than $125,000 in total federal adjusted gross income.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and Cornell University and Alfred University’s statutory colleges.
- Enroll in at least 12 courses every semester and finish at least 30 credits per year (successfully). Applicable to his or her degree program by continuous study, with no enrollment gaps save for certain, documented circumstances.
- If he or she has attended college before the 2019-20 school year. He or she must have acquired at least 30 credits each year (consecutively) linked to his or her degree program before applying for an Excelsior Scholarship.
- Be current on any NYS or federal education loan program student loan, as well as the payback of any NYS award.
- Sign a contract agreeing to live in New York State for the length of the award as well. If hired, to labor in New York State for the term of the contract
Benefits of Excelsior Scholarship 2023
A recipient of the Excelsior Scholarship may additionally get up to $5,500. Also, the award amount is computed using the resident tuition rate paid by SUNY ($6,470) or CUNY ($6,330) for 2016-21. Further, this sum would be subtracted from the total amount of other student financial assistance grants. For the upcoming academic year, an applicant has or will receive an NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) award and/or a Federal Pell Grant. In addition, the Excelsior Scholarship will pay any outstanding tuition obligations up to $5,500. Any leftover tuition costs that the Excelsior Scholarship does not cover will be refunded through a tuition credit.
Thus, the deadline for applying to the Excelsior Scholarship 2023, a fully funded program is July 31, 2023. Prepare your paperwork and apply before the deadline.
How to apply?
So, if you decide to participate in a change program. This scholarship program gives you five years to finish your degree on schedule (which requires completion of the equivalent of 24 credits each academic year). Additionally, students who are new to NYS financial aid under the DREAM Act should apply first. Applicants must first petition for DREAM Act eligibility in New York State. Furthermore, whether you qualify under the New York State DREAM Act. To be eligible for the Excelsior Scholarship, you will simply need to submit a new application.