The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday suspended indefinitely the inauguration of its presidential campaign council.
The Director-General (DG) of the APC presidential campaign council, Governor Simon Lalong who stated the reason for suspending the inauguration said the ruling party is making adjustments to the list.
However, there had been indications of issues between some APC governors, the National Working Committee of the party and the presidential candidate of the party, Bola Tinubu over the list.
It is noted that the controversy around the list of the presidential campaign council started when Tinubu allegedly rejected President Muhammadu Buhari’s suggestions.
Sources that spoke with This Day on the development said Tinubu after composing the campaign council alongside some governors reached out to President Buhari for his inclusion as a sign of respect.
Read Also: Lalong Said He Is Going To Pull Out Of APC Presidential Campaign Council Wednesday
The sources disclosed that Tinubu after checking President Buhari’s input, tampered with some areas the President and governors had indicated interest.
There are claims that President Buhari suggested Margaret Okadigbo, wife of a former Senate President as the regional coordinator for the South East, but Tinubu replaced her name with the sole female presidential aspirant of the party, Uju Ken Ohanenye, who stepped down for him at the presidential primary in Abuja.
Also in the South West, APC governors had considered the Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi as the PCC coordinator for the zone, but Tinubu opposed the choice and picked the Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu.
It was gathered that Fayemi having noticed what was on the ground stepped down for Akeredolu who he said was the Chairman of the South West APC governors.
APC would be hoping to resolve its differences as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) removes the embargo on the presidential campaign today (Wednesday).